RegalOS is an Operating System I currently develop.
The main reason of why I do this is the curiosity.
Some features of RegalOS are:
- runs under x86 PC
- can be run in a provided simulator
- no MMU
- runs always in protected mode
- VGA text and graphic (320x200x256)
- Real Time Clock
- keyboard LED
- PCI bus
- ethernet card NE2000, RTL8139
- IP stack (lwIP)
- a light libC implementation
- a Posix implementation
- a simulator is also developped
- a unitary tests suite
The main tool I use to work is QEMU.
My other projects: